Mrs. Niu - niu@bpsk12.org Mrs. Rzasa - rzasa@bpsk12.org
For all information regarding the Memorial String Orchestra Program, please click HERE.  

Monday, March 10, 2014

Violin Assignment

**Reminder:  Students in Mrs. Cyr's class will attend their lesson this Friday**

Assignment for next week:  Review page 15 (if needed), page 17.

Before I show you an awesome video from one of today's lessons, I wanted to remind parents of my expectations for practicing.  Home practice is an important part of learning a new instrument, but it should not be a cause for stress.  At minimum, I expect students to practice 30 minutes each week.  This can be split up in whichever way works best for your child: two 15 minute sessions, six 5 minute sessions, etc.  I understand, however, that there might be some weeks where this is not possible, due to other commitments at home.  If a child has a week with no practicing, I remind them to make sure they fit it in for the following week.

Skipping practicing all together will not give your child the opportunity to reinforce the concepts they learn in their lessons.  On the flipside, too much practicing can cause anxiety.  Please help your child find the balance that works best for them and your family.  If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.   I am so proud of the progress they have been making, and I hope that you have heard improvements at home as well! :)

Now, let's see that video!

No comments:

Post a Comment