Our first graders completed their Bluebird activity from last week. The game helped us review the difference between high and low pitch. Then, we continued to work on Peppermint Candy Cane, a song that we will sing for our Showcase on December 20th! A letter should have gone home on Friday inviting you all to our 1st Grade Winter Showcase. If not, here is the letter:
We would like to invite you and your family to our annual First Grade Winter Showcase on Wednesday, December 20th at 1:30 p.m. in the Cafetorium.
We look forward to seeing you there!
Mrs. Niu and Mrs. Rzasa
**If you would like to dismiss your child after the assembly, please send a note to the office.
The third graders have started their music notation unit to help prepare them for the recorder. First, they learned about the staff, and then we added the treble clef, time signature, bar lines, double bar line, repeat sign , and labeled the measures. The students did a wonderful job drawing and labeling these musical items. Here are some pictures:
Our fourth and fifth grades students are busy preparing for their winter concert in just less than two weeks! Here is the letter that we sent home about what time students should report to school and what do wear. Please feel free to email us if you have any questions!
The music department at Memorial presents:
Celebrations Around the World
Wednesday, Dec. 13th, 2017
Your child has been working very hard towards this concert and we hope you and your family can be there to support them. Feel free to email or call us if you have any questions.
- Concert Attire:
- Morning- Students may wear regular school clothes in the daytime- but please no t-shirts with logos or words.
- Evening- Our concert is about celebrating winter traditions around the world. We would like the students to dress in clothing that represents their culture. Here are some ideas:
- Wear traditional clothing from your family’s culture
- Wear colors from your country’s flag
- We are all Americans - students may also wear their favorite fancy outfit
Note: This is a performance, so all students should look nice. We do not want jeans, sweatpants, or sports gear. Thank you!
- Call Times:
- Band students will report to the music room at 6:40 p.m.
- String students will report to the lesson room at 6:40 p.m.
- Chorus students who do not play an instrument will report to the kindergarten wing at 6:50 p.m.
- Please note: ALL 4th and 5th graders must attend the Winter Concert. The students have been working so hard since September to prepare for this performance, and we need all of their wonderful voices and instrumental skills in our ensembles! (Please contact us in advance if you have a conflict with attendance)
* We look forward to seeing you there! *
Mr. Napierkowski, Mrs. Niu, and Mrs. Rzasa