Below is some information about our violin unit:
- Burlington has a set of violins that travel to each elementary school over the course of the year. (This is separate from the third grade instrumental violin program)
- Mrs. Niu and I (Mrs. Rzasa) will be combining our music classes during this time so that all students can learn together! Violin and viola are my main instruments which I studied in college, so I am extremely excited about this unit!
- Many students have asked if they could take the instruments home- since they are being shared by all students, sadly this is not possible! They will be used in class on music days only.
- All Students will be learning rest position, playing position, and pizzicato.
- Older students will start to learn how to use the bow
- This unit is meant to be an introduction to the instrument, and to give students exposure to the string family. We will be teaching them every year to students in grades 1, 2, 4, and 5!